Saturday, July 31, 2010

Changing it UP

Now that the tank is finallly settled, I'm messing it up!
I'm planning to turn it into an Asian Biotope, basically most of the inhabitants (plants, fish invertabrets) will be from... you guessed it! Asia.
Since female Flame Gourami are so scarce around here (and expensive) I'll be trading my two males in for Paradise fish, also a kind of gourami that are from Asia. My Mollies had several babies yesterday and there is more to come, they'll be moved to a 10g.
Once they're no longer transparent babies anymore I'll trade some in for a small school of rasboras, whatever the LFS has available. I'm in the process of finding out what other fish will go good in this tank, it cannot borrow since there is a soil base and cannot be another type of gourami because of the Paradise fish those are my rules so far, and of course it has to be from Asia.

My plants are a whole other story, since I have to order them they're a little more difficult.
I have my Kleiner Bar Sword which is not native to Asia but due to it's size it has to stay for now.
Ludwigia Natans will stay until it roots
Micro Brownei will go to a 10g
I'll keep the dwarf sag. though it is not native to Asia that I know of (breaking rules here)
Hygrophelia Siamensis is native to Asia

I think that's all, I just need some other Asian plants like crypts, I really like the Green Wendtii so it's on my wish list.

Well I'll blog again when I make progress with this new project!

No comments:

Post a Comment